Quickly and easily rollback any theme or plugin from WordPress.org to any previous (or newer) version without any of the manual fuss. Works just like the plugin updater, except you’re rolling back (or forward) to a specific version. No need for manually downloading and FTPing the files or learning Subversion. This plugin takes care of the trouble for you.
Rollback WordPress.org Plugins and Themes
While it’s considered best practice to always keep your WordPress plugins and themes updated, we understand there are times you may need to quickly revert to a previous version. This plugin makes that process as easy as a few mouse clicks. Simply select the version of the plugin or theme that you’d like to rollback to, confirm, and in a few moments you’ll be using the version requested. No more fumbling to find the version, downloading, unzipping, FTPing, learning Subversion or hair pulling.
Muy Importante (Very Important): Always Test and Backup
Important Disclaimer: This plugin is not intended to be used without first taking the proper precautions to ensure zero data loss or site downtime. Always be sure you have first tested the rollback on a staging or development site prior to using WP Rollback on a live site.
We provide no (zero) assurances, guarantees, or warranties that the plugin, theme, or WordPress version you are downgrading to will work as you expect. Use this plugin at your own risk.
Gereed voor vertaling
Do you speak another language? Want to contribute in a meaningful way to WP Rollback? There’s no better way than to help us translate the plugin. This plugin is translation ready. Simply header over to the WP Rollback translation project that’s powered by WordPress.org volunteer translators. There you can contribute to the translation of the plugin into your language.
Support en Documentatie
We answer all support requests on the WordPress.org support forum.
WP Rollback was created to be as intuitive to the natural WordPress experience as possible. There are is no dedicated settings page or options panel. We believe that once you activate WP Rollback, you’ll quickly discover exactly how it works without question.
We do have documentation on the plugin Github Wiki.
- WordPress 4.8 of hoger
- PHP versie 5.3 of hoger
- MySQL-versie 5.0 of hoger
Automatic installation is the easiest option as WordPress handles the file transfers itself and you don’t need to leave your web browser. To do an automatic install of WP Rollback, log in to your WordPress dashboard, navigate to the Plugins menu and click Add New.
In the search field type “WP Rollback” and click Search Plugins. Once you have found the plugin you can view details about it such as the point release, rating and description. Most importantly of course, you can install it by simply clicking “Install Now”.
The manual installation method involves downloading our donation plugin and uploading it to your server via your favorite FTP application. The WordPress codex contains instructions on how to do this here.
Bezig met bijwerken
Automatic updates should work like a charm; as always though, ensure you backup your site just in case.
Is deze plugin veilig om te gebruiken?
Kort antwoord = Ja. Langer antwoord = het hangt af van hoe je het gebruikt.
WP Rollback is completely safe because all it does is take publicly available versions of the plugins you already have on your site and install the version that you designate. There is no other kinds of trickery or fancy offsite calls or anything. BUT!!!
Safety largely depends on you. The WordPress website admin. We absolutely do NOT recommend rolling back any plugins or themes on a live site. Test the rollback locally first, have backups, use all the best practice tools available to you. This is intended to make rolling back easier, that’s all.
WP Rollback only works with plugins or themes installed from the WordPress Repository. If you don’t see the rollback link, then most likely that plugin or theme is not found on WordPress.org. This plugin does not support plugins from GitHub, ThemeForest, or other sources other than the WordPress.org Repo.
I rolled my [insert plugin name] back to version X.X and now my site is broken. This is your fault.
Nope. We warned you in bold print several times in many places. And our plugin delivered exactly what it said it would do. May the Gods of the internet pity your broken site’s soul.
Where is the complete documentation located?
The documentation for this plugin is located on our Github Wiki. This is where we make regular updates.
Kan deze plugin vertaald worden?
Yes! All strings are internationalized and ready to be translated. Simply use the languages/wp-rollback.pot file and your favorite translation tool. Once finished, please reach out to us on the WordPress.org forums or better yet, submit a pull request on the Github Repo.
Bijdragers & ontwikkelaars
“WP Rollback” is open source software. De volgende personen hebben bijgedragen aan deze plugin.Bijdragers
- Fix: Resolved an issue with plugin rollbacks not correctly setting a filepath for the plugin being rolled back. Props to WP.org user @itmesteren for the fix.
- Fix: Ensure that the “Rollback” button displays properly when a WordPress site only has a single theme installed. Thanks @eldertech for your help uncovering this bug.
- Fix: Minor CSS fixes for the Rollback page.
- Tweak: Update the WordPress.org readme.txt file to have better instructions for translating the plugin. We also fixed a few typos.
- Fix: Prevent PHP notice when rolling back a plugin or theme on PHP 7.4.
- Tweak: de WP Time Capsule staging-knop en banner verwijderd.
- New: You now have the ability to rollback to the trunk for plugins. This is useful for beta testing releases and more. Thanks to karpstrucking for making this happen. #45
- New: Add actions “wpr_plugin_success”, “wpr_plugin_failure”, “wpr_theme_success”, and “wpr_theme_failure” for developers.
- New: If a plugin or theme does not have any tagged releases to select from then then an informative notice appears rather than empty space for a better user experience. #42
- Tweak: Use the WP.org API to retrieve plugin release version information for more reliable results. #35
- Tweak: Added additional information about the importance of Staging and Backups and links to our preferred plugin.
- New: You can now view plugin changelogs within the rollback screen. #7
- New: Added support for WordPress Multisite rollbacks for themes and plugins. #22
- New: Rollback button is fixed to the bottom of the page now to prevent long scrolls for rollbacks with many versions. #23
- New: Updated the WP.org plugin header graphic. #37
- New: Updated plugin’s text domain to the plugin’s slug of ‘wp-rollback’ to support WordPress’ GlotPress translations. #28
- New: Gulp automated POT file generation and text domain checker. #28
- Fix: Check the WP install’s themes transient is present, if not fetch it to see if a theme can be rolled back. Allows rollbacks for new WP installs or in a case where the transient is not set properly.#27
- Tested compatibility with WordPress 4.4 and verified as working; bumped up compatibility
- Fix: Trying to get property of non-object warning. #20
- Improvement: Better version sorting now using usort & version_compare. #16
- Nieuw: Portugese vertalingen toegevoegd.
- Fix: Limit HTTP requests to Plugin page only. Report 1 Report 2
- Fixed: XSS hardening. Thanks @secupress
- Fixed: CSRF patch regarding missing nonces. Thanks @secupress
- Improvement: escape all of the things.
- New: Russian translations from @Flector – thanks!
- Fix: Replaced use of wp_json_encode to support older WordPress versions. Report
- Fix: Rollback link appears on non wp.org plugins – thanks @scottopolis. #14
- Removed unnecessary WP_ROLLBACK_VERSION constant.
- New: Swedish translation files – Thanks @WPDailyThemes.
- Fixed “Cancel” button which was falsely submitting the form.
- Initial plugin release. Yippee!
- Adds “Rollback” link to all plugins from the WordPress repo on the plugin screen.
- Adds “Rollback” link to all themes from the WordPress repo inside the modal details screen.
- The “Rollback” page allows you to choose which version you want to rollback to.