A FREE & EASY TO USE TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION PLUGIN FOR WORDPRESS
Add an extra layer of security to your WordPress website login page and its users. Enable two-factor authentication (2FA), the best protection against users using weak passwords, and automated password guessing and brute force attacks.
Gebruik de WP 2FA-plug- in om tweefactor authenticatie in te schakelen voor je WordPress beheerder gebruiker en om je sitegebruikers, of sommigen van hen, te dwingen 2FA te gebruiken. Deze plugin is zeer eenvoudig te gebruiken. Het heeft wizards met duidelijke instructies, zodat zelfs niet-technische gebruikers 2FA kunnen instellen zonder technische assistentie.
Maintained & Supported by WP White Security
Browse our list of WordPress security plugins to see how our plugins can help you better manage and improve the security of your WordPress websites and users.
WP 2FA Key plugin features & capabilities
- Free Two-factor authentication (2FA) for all users
- Supports multiple 2FA methods
- Universal 2FA app support – generate codes from Google Authenticator, Authy & any other 2FA app
- Supports 2FA backup methods
- Very easy to use and simple to set up
- Use 2FA policies to enforce 2FA with a grace period
- Or require users to instantly setup 2FA upon logging in
- Out of the box support for third party plugins such as WooCommerce and other e-commerce & membership plugins
- No WordPress dashboard access required for users to set up 2FA
- Protection against automated password & dictionary attacks
- And many other plugin features)
Extend the functionality of WP 2FA & automate more
- 2FA over SMS, Push notification, WhatsApp and incoming call via Authy integration
- Add trusted devices – no need for 2FA code each time you log in
- Whitelabel all the 2FA pages – for a consistent user experience
- Give the users more 2FA methods to choose from and use
- Configure different 2FA policies for different user profiles
- More alternative 2FA backup methods
- Easily get an overview of users’ 2FA setup with the reports
- And many other features
Refer to the features and benefits page to learn more about the benefits of upgrading to WP 2FA Premium.
Free and Premium Support
Support for WP 2FA is free on the WordPress support forums.
Premium world-class support is available via email to all WP 2FA Premium users.
Note: paid customer support is given priority and is provided via one-to-one email and over the phone. Upgrade to Premium to benefit from priority support.
For any other queries, feedback, or if you simply want to get in touch with us please use our contact form.
As Featured On:
Related Links and Documentation
- The benefits of using 2FA on WordPress
- 2FA – what is Two-factor authentication
- Why you need both 2FA & strong passwords
- Setting up Google authenticator for WordPress 2FA
- Lijst met ondersteunde 2FA apps
- The definitive guide to WordPress Security
- Official WP 2FA plugin website
From within WordPress
- Visit ‘Plugins > Add New’
- Search for ‘WP 2FA’
- Install & activate the WP 2FA from your Plugins page.
- Download the plugin from the WordPress plugins repository
- Unzip the zip file and upload the
wp-2fafolder to the
- Activate the WWP 2FA plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Bijdragers & ontwikkelaars
“WP 2FA – Two-factor authentication for WordPress” is open source software. De volgende personen hebben bijgedragen aan deze plugin.Bijdragers
“WP 2FA – Two-factor authentication for WordPress” is vertaald in 9 talen. Dank voor de vertalers voor hun bijdragen.
Interesse in ontwikkeling?
Release notes: More white labelling options & better licensing
- Added a new plugin setting so admins can disable the 2FA wizards styling.
- Several UI and styling improvements in the plugin’s settings pages.
- User’s 2FA configuration is removed when user is excluded.
- Applied improved and responsive styling to the user 2FA wizards.
- Better out-of-the-box support for websites on which access to wp-login.php & wp-admin is blocked.
- Super administrators can now log in and use 2FA even if they do not have any role on any sub sites.
- Added support for websites hosted on Godaddy that also have the Sucuri plugin enabled (Sucuri plugin was breaking the 2FA code page).
- Better UX for when creating the front-end 2FA page settings.
- Updated the Freemius SDK to version 2.4.5 to support PHP 8.1.
- Applied several updates to the “user 2FA status check” code for more reliable status reporting.
- Applied several maintenance and WP coding standards checks.
- Plugin bails out early instead of trying to process users with ID 0.
- Placeholders in plugin settings have been replaced by onces which allow you to see all the content without scrolling.
- Improved the process that extracts the user role on multisite networks resulting in improvement of how the plugin handles users with multiple roles.
- Rmoved the words “Google Authenticator” from all the wizards and using “2FA app” instead – plugin supports multiple 2FA apps.
- Fixed the “focus” in the user 2FA wizard so the cursor is always in the expected location – user does not have to click to select where to enter the verification code.
- Plugin now uses the WordPress salts to store and encrypt 2FA data in the database.
- Improved the comparison of authentication codes – ensuring the plugin is not vulnerable to time-based side-channel attacks.
- Fixed: QR code not loading in user 2FA wizard in some edge cases on a multisite network.
- Fixed: the setting “Hide Remove 2FA button” was not properly reflecting the status on multisite networks.
- Fixed: grace period check cron called the wrong settings.
- Fixed: two emails are sent when a backup code over email is requested.
- Fixed: incorrect 2FA methods count was showing in the user wizard.
Refer to the complete plugin changelog for more detailed information about what was new, improved and fixed in previous version updates of WP 2FA.