Simple Cache was constructed after getting frustrated with the major caching plugins available and building sites with developer-only complex caching solutions that get millions of page views per day. Simple Cache promises the following:
- Extremely simple one-click install. There is an on-off switch. That’s it. No need to wade through 50 complicated settings.
- Simple Cache makes your site run very fast so you can handle lots of traffic.
- Extremely easy to delete. Don’t like the plugin? You can remove it, and your website won’t break.
- Easily clear the cache if you need to.
- Enable gzip compression
- Want to get advanced with object caching (Memached or Redis)? An advanced mode is available that will automatically setup Batcache and Memcached/Redis for you.
If you need your site to run fast, don’t have time to mess with complicated settings, and have been frustrated by other caching plugins, give Simple Cache a try.
Pull requests are welcome on Github.
For full documentation, questions, feature requests, and support concerning the Simple Cache plugin, please refer to Github.
- Install the plugin through your dashboard.
- Navigate to Settings > Simple Cache. Turn caching on.
Bijdragers & ontwikkelaars
“Simple Cache” is open source software. De volgende personen hebben bijgedragen aan deze plugin.Bijdragers
* The REST API is not cached anymore by default
* Cache REST API setting added in advanced mode.
* Restore headers setting added to advanced mode. This will tell Simple Cache to cache headers and return the
same headers when a cache hit occurs.
* New X-Simple-Cache header. HIT/MISS depending on if a cache match is found.
* Don’t flush the cache when the user edits a draft post
- Fix WP_PLUGIN_DIR constant
- Use WP_PLUGIN_DIR constant
- Add try/catch to redis connect
- Add sc_get_cache_path function
- Fix cache flush path
- Fix purge intervals
- Improve error messages
- Improved string encoding for better compatibility with other languages
- Fix cache directory write check
- Fix cache directory write error notice
- Add support for object cache dropin using Memcached extension
- Add optional constants for setting the config and caching directories
- Support network-wide installs. Add multisite settings page
- Support Memcached PHP extension
- Fix undefined
$blog_idwarning in redis object cache.
- Prevent mixed content. Props benoitchantre.
- Added WP_CACHE_KEY_SALT constant with a random value. Props gagan0123.
- Fix missing
sc_cache(). Props chesio
- Make form labels properly clickable. Props ranss
- Only show notices to admins. Props psorensen
- Prevent fatal when commenting with Captcha.
- Fix comment update warnings
- Add wildcards and regex to cache exemptions
- Prevent gzipping on 404 or non-cached pages
- Fix Memcache cache purging with the following:
- Allow Memcache flushing in multisite
- Include object cache within the admin
- Only batcache when a URL is accessed 2 times
- Fix comment status PHP notice
- Only let admins see purge cache button
- Fix non-HTML (JSON) file caching.
- Fix password protected posts
- Only create gzip file cache file if necessary and vice-versa
- Don’t check exceptions in simple mode
- Add page cache URL exemptions in advanced mode
- Improve messaging around object caching extensions
- Properly verify files can be created/edited. Props davetgreen
- Make sure file.php is included on purging. Props sagliksever
- Make sure we don’t cache wp-login.php and other php files.
- Reschedule cron when settings are saved
- Properly output HTTP caching headers
- Make HTML cache comment more human readable.
- Fix rtrim file path bug
- Properly clear file cache on cron
- (Important) Purge all cache when a post is updated/created. This makes sure you don’t show a stale blog index when content is created/updated.
- Make sure config file doesnt balloon
- Properly purge cache when comments are created/approved.
- Make sure user gets non cached pages after commenting
- Fix bug causing php files with get params to be cached
- Properly check WordPress logged in cookies
- Purge single view cache for all post types when they are updated/deleted
- Admin bar button for purging the cache
- Support wp-config.php one directory below WP.
- Fix config file getting erased in Windows
- Add developer function sc_cache_flush() for clearing the cache
- Properly check needed file permissions
- Sane default cache expiration time
- On uninstall delete all related plugin files including config.
- Turn off object caching in admin
- Update notices
- Dont show in memory options that aren’t available
- Fix advanced dropdown bug
- Support gzip compression
- Fix bug when config variable doesn’t exist
- Fix advanced tab toggling JS error
- Fix bug where in memory cache setting was sticking in simple mode
- Add page cache length field
- Code formatting
- Fix error messaging around non-writeable file system
- Fix redis
- Properly clean up files
- Don’t break if advanced-cache.php or object-cache.php is gone.
- Boolval bug fixed
- Plugin released