A shortcode added to a Page on the website outputs a summary page for a player.
From here links allow the player to view their competition, score and handicap history.
Further links allow the player to view the complete competition and scores history.
- Keeps records of players, competitions, scores and handicaps
- Handicap Calculation using simplified version of WHS
- Uses Course Rating, Slope Rating and Par for handicap calculation
- Sends personalised EMails for Playing Handicap and Results
- Creates individual logins for each player (as they are added)
- Supports Players that do not (currently) have an EMail address
- Players can edit their own contact details using WP Profile editor
- Only 18 hole Stableford competitions are supported
- Simplified WHS Handicapping
- Handicap Calculations NOT authorised by any golf governing body
First Time Installation
- Download the plugin archive
- Open the WordPress Dashboard for your site
- Click “Add New” under the “Plugins” menu
- Select the “Upload Plugin” option
- Under “Install a plugin in .zip format” browse to the plugin archive file you downloaded
- Click Install Now.
- After it has installed, activate the plugin.
- On the WP Plugins Page deactivate (but do NOT delete) the current golfsoc plugin
- Using FTP (or your ISPs file manager) delete the current golfsoc plugin folder in the wp-content/plugins folder
- Now Proceed as for the First Time Installation
How are the handicaps calculated?
- Handicaps are calculated by taking an average of the best scores from a number of recent scores.
- The number of scores averaged and the number they are selected from can both be specified in the plugin settings.
- Where a player has less scores that the number of scores averaged then all their scores are avaraged to calculate the handicap.
Do you offer support?
- The author has created this plugin for their own golf society, and published in the hope that it will be useful for others.
- Users are welcome to report bugs and suggestions for improvemnets, but the author cannot provide site specific support.
Er zijn geen beoordelingen voor deze plugin.
Bijdragers & ontwikkelaars
“GolfSoc” is open source software. De volgende personen hebben bijgedragen aan deze plugin.Bijdragers
Vertaal “GolfSoc” naar jouw taal.
Interesse in ontwikkeling?
Bekijk de code, haal de SVN repository op, of abonneer je op het ontwikkellog via RSS.
- Added Postcode, Phone and What3Words to Course Details
- Scores now only published once competition is closed
- Added “Edit Course” function
- Bug Fix: Playing Handicaps Template always says “Active Players”
- Added (optional) competition details to “Add Competition” adnin pages
- Bug Fix: Bulk Action and Page Navigation elements not on same line
- Added PH to Handicap Archive template
- Close Competition button on Add Scores page closes comp then prompts for results email notifications
- Added “Holes” to Tee Details on Courses Admion Page
- Added “SD” to handicap archive page template
- Bug Fix: Invalid URL in emails
- Added scores export to tools admin page
- First release