Content Control is a lightweight and powerful plugin that allows you to take complete control of your website’s content by restricting access to pages/posts to logged in users, specific user roles or to logged out users.
The plugin also enables you to restrict access to certain parts of a page/post using shortcodes e.g [content_control]Logged in content[/content_control]
Lastly, the plugin allows you to control the visibility of each sidebar/footer widget by selecting who can view each widget (everyone, logged out users, logged in users, specific user roles).
Full Feature List
Content Control allows you to do the following:
- Restrict access to pages/posts to logged in/out users or specific user roles
- Restrict access to media, tags, categories, format to logged in/out users or specific user roles
- Display a custom message to users who do not have permission to view the content
- Redirect users who do not have permission to view the content to login page (redirects back to page/post after login), website homepage or custom URL
- Display certain content on a page/post to logged in users only
- Display certain content on a page/post to specific user roles
- Display certain content on a page/post to logged out users
- Apply custom CSS classes to on page content restriction shortcodes
- Control the visibility of each sidebar/footer widget by selecting who can view each widget (everyone, logged out users, logged in users, specific user roles).
[content_control roles=”subscriber,editor” logged_out=”0″ class=”custom-css-class” message=”You don’t have access to this.”]Logged in content[/content_control]
All parameters are optional:
- roles – comma list of user roles that can see this content.
- logged_out (default:0) – 0 or 1 for false/true. Checks whether the user should be logged out, as opposed to logged in.
- class – custom CSS class to add to the controlled content for additional styling.
- message – custom denial message.
Created by Code Atlantic
Content Control is built by the Code Atlantic team. We create high-quality WordPress plugins that help you grow your WordPress sites.
Check out some of our most popular plugins:
- Popup Maker – #1 Popup & Marketing Plugin for WordPress
- User Menus – Show Or Hide Menu Items For Different Users
Requires WordPress 3.6 and PHP 5.3
- WordPress 3.6 or greater
- PHP version 5.3 or greater
- Install Content Control either via the WordPress.org plugin repository or by uploading the files to your server.
- Activate Content Control.
If you need help getting started with Content Control please see FAQs which explains how to use the plugin.
Bijdragers & ontwikkelaars
“Content Control – User Access Restriction Plugin” is open source software. De volgende personen hebben bijgedragen aan deze plugin.Bijdragers
“Content Control – User Access Restriction Plugin” is vertaald in 6 talen. Dank voor de vertalers voor hun bijdragen.
Interesse in ontwikkeling?
v1.1.9 – 09/30/2021
- Fix: Error when using Gutenberg Preview.
v1.1.8 – 07/17/2021
- Fix: Error when Elementor instance preview proptery was null.
v1.1.7 – 07/17/2021
- Fix: Prevent warning if widget settings don’t exist in options table.
- Fix: Arbitrary limit of 10 on current items listed in Restriction Editor due to WP query default args.
- Fix: Prevent restrictions from activating when using the Elementor page builder.
v1.1.6 – 03/21/2021
- Fix: Nonce validation was preventing 3rd party plugin from saving widget settings when it failed. Thanks @jacobmischka
- Fix: Prevent corrupted options from preventing saving of settings.
v1.1.5 – 02/22/2021
- Fix: Issue where roles with
-would not save when checked.
v1.1.4 – 03/24/2020
- Improvement: Added gettext handling for several strings that were not translatable.
- Tweak: Process shortcodes in default denial message contents.
- Tweak: Various improvements in form reliability & user experience.
- Fix: Issues with ajax search fields not retaining their values after save.
- Fix: Issue where only would show 10 pages.
- Fix: PHP 7.4 compatibility fixes.
v1.1.3 – 12/03/2019
- Fix: Custom post type conditions were not always registered.
v1.1.2 – 11/10/2019
- Tweak: Remove erroneous console.log messages in admin.
- Fix: Fatal error when empty shortcode used.
v1.1.1 – 10/15/2019
- Fix: Bugs where variables were not always the expected type.
- Improvement: Added default denial message to shortcode.
- Improvement: Render nested shortcodes in the [content_control] shortcode.
- Fix: Bug where multiple roles checked together in restriction editor.
- Fix: Minor notice on activation.
- Fix: Call to undefined function.
- Fix: Non static method called statically
- Fix: Bug when using invalid variable type.
- Initial Release