Trying to find out how to add Google Analytics to WordPress or where to put the Google Analytics code? Beehive adds a customizable Google Analytics dashboard to WordPress so you can track user behavior right from both single and Multisite WordPress installations.
Fill your WordPress dashboard with valuable visitor data with just a click. Install, connect and create dashboards for your users.
Add Analytics Information Reports Including:
- Analytics Overview – Users and Page Views for the current day, yesterday, 7 days, 30 days, 90 days or year.
- Session Report – Number of interactions with your website that take place within a given time frame.
- User Report – The total number of users for the requested time period.
- Pageview Report – Lets you know when a page containing your tracking code is visited.
- Pages/Sessions Report – Average number of pages visited on your website per session.
- Average Time on Page Report – See how long visitors stay on your site.
- Bounce Rate Report – Lean how many people leave after just visiting one page on your website.
- Top Countries Report – See what part of the world your visitors are coming from.
- Most Visited Page Report – Know what pages are being visited and how long your guests are staying
- Trends Report – Watch for trends and improve content based on user behavior
- Referrals Report – See where most of your traffic is coming from so you can focus your efforts
- Medium Report – Get an idea if your traffic is direct, email, referrals, social or organic
- Search Engines Report – Know what browsers your users are visiting from so you can perform better tests for your site.
- Social Networks – Learn what social networks push the most traffic back to your site.
Learn The Ropes With These Hands-On Beehive Analytics Tutorials
Add the Best in Google Analytics
Originally released premium-only in 2009, Beehive has consistently ranked in the top 10 WPMU DEV premium plugins for total downloads and active installs. To celebrate 10-years of analytics we are making one of the best Google Analytics WordPress Plugins on the market free for everyone. Give website analytics free to all your clients!
Beehive Quick and Easy Setup for Smart Data-Driven Decisions
Set up with Beehive is as easy as connecting your Google profile and verifying your site. No more hunting through code files or manually adding tracking links. Beehive makes it easy to get valuable statistics for bloggers, small business websites, eCommerce sites, enterprise networks and more.
Google Tag Manager Integration
With Beehive’s integrated Google Tag Manager feature, you can easily activate the feature on your site and start tracking and managing your tags using the Tag Manager interface.
Includes Display Advertising
Googles Display Advertising is built right into Beehive. Google Display Advertising lets you add additional tracking options like Remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, and upgraded demographic and interest reports with just a click.
Security, GDPR and Tracking Privacy
Beehive takes your user’s privacy seriously. Toggle IP Anonymization to anonymize your visitor IPs, stop demographic reports, protect user IDs and more.
Roles and Capabilities Manager
Customize your reports based on user role with a click. Beehive lets you set capabilities and hide traffic data based on user permissions. Set what users have access to report customization settings.
The Easiest Analytics for Multisite Networks
Activate analytics for every site across an entire Multisite network with one tracking code. Pick and choose what sites have access. Beehive grabs all the information and makes user tracking, statistics reporting, and site management simple.
The Information You Need in One Place
Beehive puts your Google Analytics overview, stats, and graphs right in your WordPress dashboard. Save time and get a better picture of the most important content on your sites.
If you’re running a business website or eCommerce store Beehive provides information you need to convert more leads into sales and increase your bottom line.
It’s a one of a kind WordPress analytics dashboard plugin that makes it easier to grow the traffic on your site, for free!
Beehive is built with ease-of-use in mind: it makes WordPress analytics easier to set up and manage. Connect with just one click. If you’re looking to fully optimize your WordPress sites, you should get a WPMU DEV Membership.
Our Membership gives you access to Beehive and our entire superhero suite of tools including Smush Pro image optimization, Hummingbird Pro for speed and performance, Defender security, all our premium WordPress plugins, and 24/7 WordPress support.
Take the next step with a WPMU DEV Membership.
What Do Other Companies Say About Beehive?
Easy to set up and lets you track an entire site including admin pages and subdomains. The graphs and stats make it easy to track the visits, bounce rate, sessions, and referrers of your pages and posts. – WPLeaders
A Note From Beehive
Hey! This is Beehive, your trusted analytics dashboard and reporting for WordPress. I’m part of the WPMU DEV team, a superhero-suite of WordPress plugins, services, and support. Here are some of our other free plugins:
- Smush – Image Compression and Optimization
- Forminator – Form, Quiz, Poll and Survey Builder
- Hummingbird – Page Speed Optimization
- Hustle – Pop-ups, Slide-ins and Email Opt-ins
- Defender – Security, Monitoring and Hack Protection
- SmartCrawl – SEO Checker, Analyzer, and Optimizer
And if you need ALL our Pro plugins, services, AND 24/7 WordPress support, get WPMU DEV membership! You can try it free for 7 days: wpmudev.com
My superhero friends run the WPMU DEV Blog, your source for the very best WordPress tutorials. If you need to be in the know about WordPress, check it out.
Thanks for looking at Beehive, and I look forward to helping you grow your site with the very best analytics and statistics.
Enjoy, The Beehive
WPMU DEV is a premium supplier of quality WordPress plugins, services and support. Join us here:
Don’t forget to stay up to date on everything WordPress from the Internet’s number one resource:
WPMU DEV Blog
Hey, one more thing… we hope you enjoy our free offerings as much as we’ve loved making them for you!
Where can I find documentation for Beehive?
Beehive is well documented and open to everyone. Click here to visit the Beehive documentation
Beehive is completely free and does not require a paid upgrade. If you’re interested in security, performance, automated client and developer reports, live chat support and more checkout WPMU DEV.
What about GDPR and User Privacy?
Beehive includes tools that make it easy for you to comply with data protection regulations and keep your visitor’s data safe. When using features like Google Display Advertising, be sure and follow privacy guidelines with cookie notices and updated terms of service.
Bijdragers & ontwikkelaars
“Beehive Analytics – Google Analytics Dashboard” is open source software. De volgende personen hebben bijgedragen aan deze plugin.Bijdragers
3.4.3 ( 2022-11-18 )
- Enhance: Minor performance improvements.
3.4.2 ( 2022-11-02 )
- Enhance: Remove unused notices.
3.4.1 ( 2022-10-03 )
- Enhance: Migrate Google OAuth.
- Enhance: Membership status check.
- Enhance: Performance improvements on Google Analytics API requests.
- Enhance: Replace Google fonts with Bunny fonts for GDPR compliance.
- Enhance: Update Shared UI.
- Fix: Wrong value for GTM variables.
- Fix: Unable to fetch users in permission settings.
- Fix: GA4 streams are missing when there are more than 50 items.
- Fix: Transients are slowing down the Dashboard.
3.4.0 ( 2022-07-21 )
- New: Google Analytics 4 statistics & tracking.
- Enhance: Upgrade GA APIs.
- Enhance: Performance improvements.
3.3.15 ( 2022-06-06 )
- Enhance: WordPress 6.0 compatibility.
- Enhance: Update submodules.
- Enhance: Notice styles.
3.3.14 ( 2022-05-06 )
- Fix: GuzzleHttp conflict.
3.3.13 ( 2022-04-27 )
- Enhance: PHP 8.0 compatibility.
- Enhance: Update libraries.
- Enhance: Update SUI.
- Fix: Composer autoload conflicts.
- Fix: Unable to dismiss tutorials widget.
- Fix: Conflict with Google Listings and Ads plugin.
3.3.12 ( 2021-11-03 )
- Enhance: White label support.
- Enhance: Permission checks.
3.3.11 ( 2021-11-01 )
- Enhance: Remove unused UI elements.
- Enhance: Performance improvements.
3.3.10 ( 2021-04-19 )
- Enhance: Update external libraries.
- Enhance: WP 5.8 support.
- Fix: Subdirectory subsite post statistics are empty.
- Fix: Invalid API credentials are being used on multisite.
3.3.9 ( 2021-03-16 )
- Enhance: Update links to wpmudev.com.
- Fix: Tutorials are not loading.
- Fix: Submodule is not initialized.
3.3.8 ( 2021-03-04 )
- New: Realtime visitors statistics.
- Enhance: Improve whitelabel support.
- Enhance: Hide irrelevant settings in network admin.
- Enhance: Improvements in Exclude Roles settings.
- Enhance: Improve GTM container ID validation.
- Fix: Scroll bar is hidden after closing onboarding modal.
- Fix: Wrong redirect URL after Google authentication.
- Fix: Menu item is missing in mobile.
- Fix: Ajax form submits are not triggering GTM events.
3.3.7 ( 2021-01-27 )
- New: Tutorials section.
- New: Disable tracking based on user roles.
- New: Ability to add/remove statistics meta box support for post types.
- New: Statistics menu position settings.
- Enhance: Improve whitelabel support.
3.3.6 ( 2020-12-17 )
- Fix: Dashboard Widget is hidden to admin users.
- Fix: Active tab contents are not visible in Dashboard Widget.
3.3.5 ( 2020-12-16 )
- New: Option to reset plugin settings & data.
- New: Option to cleanup plugin settings and data on uninstall.
- Enhance: Move statistics pages to Beehive main menu.
- Enhance: Update to latest SUI.
- Enhance: Show refresh statistics button only on statistics pages.
- Enhance: Remove restricted links when the user doesn’t have permission.
- Fix: Empty dashboard widget when the user doesn’t have permission.
3.3.4 ( 2020-11-19 )
- New: GA4 measurement ID support.
- Enhance: Improvements in GTM integrations.
- Enhance: Remove links from comments.
- Enhance: Remove unused settings from onboarding modal.
- Enhance: Upgrade to gtag.js from analytics.js.
- Fix: Search is not working in onboarding modal profile selector.
- Fix: Can’t scroll after onboarding is closed.
- Fix: In some setup, onboarding modal is showing even after closing it.
- Fix: Beehive logo is not hidden when whitelabel feature is enabled.
- Fix: Comparison graph is not showing on first period change.
- Fix: Permission settings are broken after upgrade.
- Fix: Fatal error after upgrade.
3.3.3 ( 2020-11-11 )
- Fix: Security vulnerability
3.3.2 ( 2020-10-22 )
- New: Show redirect URIs for Google API project.
- Enhance: Improvements in permissions UI.
- Enhance: Show notice when subsites can view statistics without authentication.
- Enhance: Show notice when duplicate GTM Container ID is being used network.
- Fix: Mobile navigation is hidden.
- Fix: Fatal error when upgrading from v3.2.8.
- Fix: Analytics reports are not visible to the shop manager role when enabled.
- Fix: Placeholder text is not visible.
3.3.1 ( 2020-10-12 )
- Enhance: Small fixes and improvements.
3.3.0 ( 2020-09-23 )
- New: Google Tag Manager integration.
- New: Accounts page to manage authentication to different services.
- New: Separate page for Google Analytics settings.
- Enhance: Improvements in onboarding modal.
- Enhance: Performance improvements in dashboard widget.
- Enhance: Cleanup unwanted services from Google library.
- Fix: API client failure on old PHP versions (PHP v5).
3.2.8 ( 2020-08-26 )
- Enhance: API keys load balancing to avoid request limit issues.
- Enhance: Store authentication client id in database.
- Enhance: The original admin who installed Beehive can’t be denied the settings access.
- Enhance: Show Google login and tracking ID status notice in settings page.
- Fix: Manual tracking ID is being used when automatic detection is enabled.
- Fix: Network URL is used for authentication redirect if plugin is not activated network wide.
- Fix: Composer autoload conflict with Updraft.
- Fix: Conflict with Google Site Kit.
- Fix: Log texts are hidden in Dashboard summary box.
3.2.7 ( 2020-08-14 )
- Enhance: Updated Google lib to v2.7.0.
- Fix: Broken pages when site is using different locale.
- Fix: Blank page after the update.
3.2.5 ( 2020-05-27 )
- New: Ability to control who can manage Beehive settings.
- New: Added welcome modal to highlight important changes.
- Enhance: Prefix vendor libraries to avoid composer conflicts.
- Enhance: Combine chart tooltips when the comparison is used.
- Enhance: Use prefixed vendor libraries to avoid conflict.
- Fix: Conflicts with other plugins using Guzzle PHP lib.
- Fix: Using network_site_url only when Beehive is not network-wide active.
- Fix: Wrong Client ID and Client Secret check on subsites.
3.2.4 ( 2020-04-06 )
- New: Added dashboard page.
- New: Upgraded statistics page to use SUI.
- New: Upgraded statistics widget to use SUI.
- New: Added white labelling support.
- New: Added ability to clear statistics cache from plugin settings.
- New: Added rest endpoints for statistics and settings.
- New: Added new filters for domain mapping support.
- Enhance: Upgraded to new SUI.
- Enhance: Improved UX to connect with Google.
- Enhance: Using ChartJS for all charts except Geo Chart.
- Enhance: Improved caching using transient.
- Enhance: Store plugin version in subsites for the upgrade process.
- Enhance: Merged reports and permission settings.
- Fix: Domain mapping support.