{"id":80900,"date":"2015-05-17T18:00:30","date_gmt":"2015-05-17T16:00:30","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/nl.wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/child-theme-goes-wrong-even-with-codex-support\/"},"modified":"2016-08-05T02:11:14","modified_gmt":"2016-08-05T02:11:14","slug":"child-theme-goes-wrong-even-with-codex-support","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/nl.wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/child-theme-goes-wrong-even-with-codex-support\/","title":{"rendered":"Child theme goes wrong, even with Codex support"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>I hope someone can help me&#8230; I&#8217;m stuck and can&#8217;t continue on a website that was getting somewhere and is now thrown back because my child theme is gone.Trying to re-install a child theme doesn&#8217;t work.<\/p>\n<p>When I do what Codex says, I get this:<\/p>\n<p>Name\tDescription<br \/>\nAlmasi Child\\\tThe parent theme is missing. Please install the &#8220;almasi\\&#8221; parent theme.<\/p>\n<p>I had a fine working child theme, until I saw this message below my themes. I hit &#8216;delete&#8217;, which I never should have. I now tried to ftp my child theme and also to upload it through wordpress (zip). None of it works. Even the last time (with the codex based child theme) it said; &#8217;theme succesfully installed&#8217;. However, it&#8217;s nowhere to be found&#8230;<\/p>\n<p>This is what I have:<\/p>\n<p>\/*<br \/>\n Theme Name:   Almasi Child<br \/>\n Theme URI:    http:\/\/timhupkes.com\/almasi-child\/<br \/>\n Description:  Almasi Child Theme<br \/>\n Author:       Tim Hupkes<br \/>\n Author URI:   http:\/\/timhupkes.com<br \/>\n Template:     almasi<br \/>\n Version:      1.0.0<br \/>\n License:      GNU General Public License v2 or later<br \/>\n License URI:  http:\/\/www.gnu.org\/licenses\/gpl-2.0.html<br \/>\n Tags:         art, art licensing, painting, fun, illustration, watercolors, humor, office art, character design<br \/>\n Text Domain:  almasi-child<br \/>\n*\/<\/p>\n<p>I had variations on this one, but I&#8217;m sure Codex has got it right. Just can&#8217;t figure out what went wrong&#8230;<\/p>\n<p>I have put this style.css and the functions.php (a copy of the one from the original theme) in the child file.<\/p>\n<p>Please help!!!<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-80900","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry","topic-tag-child-theme","topic-tag-codex","topic-tag-invisible"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/nl.wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/80900","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/nl.wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/nl.wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/nl.wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/80900\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/nl.wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=80900"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}