Creates a YOURLS generated shortlink on demand or when saving posts.
- Optional custom keyword for link creation.
- Will retrieve existing URL if one has already been created.
- Click count appears on post menu
- Available for standard posts and custom post types.
- Optional filter for wp_shortlink
- Built in cron job will fetch updated click counts every hour.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- De plugin activeren via het ‘Plugin’ menu in WordPress.
- Navigate to the “YOURLS Settings” option in the Settings Menu.
- Enter your YOURLS custom URL and API key
- What’s this all about?
This plugin creates a shortlink (stored in the post meta table) for each post that can be used in sharing buttons, etc.
- What is YOURLS?
YOURLS is a self-hosted PHP based application that allows you to make your own custom shortlinks, similar to bit.ly and j.mp. Learn more about it here
- How do I use the template tag?
Place the following code in your theme file (usually single.php)
<?php yourls_display_box(); ?>
- The delete function doesn’t remove the short URL from my YOURLS installation
This is a limitation with the YOURLS API, as there is not a method yet to delete a link. The delete function has been added to the plugin to allow users to get the updated URL that they may have changed in the YOURLS admin panel
Bijdragers & ontwikkelaars
“YOURLS Link Creator” is open source software. De volgende personen hebben bijgedragen aan deze plugin.Bijdragers
2.1.1 – 02/25/2016
yourls_run_cron_jobsfilter to allow users to disable the cron job
2.1.0 – 08/06/2015
yourls_after_url_saveaction to post transitioning from future to publish (scheduled posts)
2.0.9 – 08/03/2015
yourls_after_url_saveaction to fire when the custom URL is generated and stored
2.0.8 – 06/19/2015
- added ability to set custom keyword prior to save
yourls_user_capfilter for modifying default user capability
yourls_settings_capfilter for modifying settings page capability
yourls_keyword_filterfilter for changing default keyword sanitation
- added new legacy file to pick up old functions from Ozh’s plugin
- added GitHub plugin updater support
2.0.7 – 02/14/2015
- fixed bug with post row actions missing on drafts
- updated cron job scheduling
2.0.6 – 02/13/2015
- added scheduled posts to available post status
yourls_post_statusfilter to modify these (although not sure why you’d want to)
- added function to create a link when a post is moved from ‘scheduled’ to ‘publish’ if one doesn’t exist (requires setting update)
- added API status check sidebox to the settings page
2.0.5 – 02/10/2015
- fixed API URL construction to account for installs in a subfolder
- added filter
yourls_strip_urlsto allow trailing slash removal (default is false)
2.0.4 – 02/09/2015
- fixed API query args getting malformed before call
- fixed content title sanitation encoding
- forced POST method for API call and removed setting
- added bulk import function for existing data
yourls_display_boxtemplate tag to display front end box
get_yourls_shortlinkto return or echo the shortlink
wp_ozh_yourls_raw_urlto match previous plugin from Ozh
2.0.3 – 02/05/2015
- added API key field show / hide to (hopefully) account for Chrome being aggressive on the field
- removed ‘future’ from array of post types to create items on save
2.0.2 – 02/02/2015
- fixed bug with creating link on post save
2.0.1 – 02/01/2015
- added post title submission to API call
- added option for using POST method instead of GET method to address API permission issues
- nonce ALL THE THINGS
2.0.0 – 02/01/2015
- COMPLETELY REFACTORED
- updated UI to match current WP setup
- added post action row items for creating and updating counts
- added check for possible 404 return on YOURLS server
- a whole lot more
1.09 – 02/21/2013
- bugfixes related to certain hosting configurations
- minor JS cleanup
1.08 – 12/31/2012
- change to allow scheduled posts to process URL call. props @ethitter
1.07 – 12/24/2012
- better sanitizing of personal YOURLS URL
- code opgeschoond
1.06 – 12/18/2012
- included template tag for theme use. (See FAQs for usage)
- added a ‘delete’ button for single links (See FAQs for details)
- The YOURLS metabox will not appear until a post has been published.
1.05 – 12/10/2012
- added a conversion tool from Ozh’s plugin to this one
1.04 – 12/09/2012
- refactoring the wp_shortlink functionality
1.03 – 12/04/2012
- Bugfix for post type checking
1.02 – 10/14/2012
- Option for adding to specific post types
- delay link creation until status is published
- internationalization support
- Added option to create link on post save
- code opgeschoond
- First release!