The most feature-packed WooCommerce product search and filter plugin: search bar, filters on the search results page, merchandising.
Standard WordPress search offers basic functionality which gives very limited opportunities for merchants to serve their customers. With Searchanise, you can break the limitations of the default site search and create a winning customer experience on your site.
The plugin allows you to seamlessly integrate a smart search engine & product filters into your site with lots of features and customization options in just a fraction of the time.
Join 12,000+ entrepreneurs worldwide who use Searchanise to power their site search. We are trusted by top-performing brands such as Philips, Boeing, Levi’s, Durex, Mediamarkt, National Geographic, and Sennheiser.
With Smart Search & Product Filter for WooCommerce by Searchanise, here’s what you’ll get:
- No Extra Server Load – your site search queries are processed on our servers
- Lighting Fast Speed – our search plugin returns instant results even in stores with 300,000+ products
- Real-Time Indexation – changes in catalog are synced with search immediately
- Conversion Optimization – better search experience results in more sales
- Plugin Support – our dedicated team is ready to assist you with any request
- Multilingual Product Search – works in 6,000+ languages
- Easy to Implement – No coding needed to set up WooCommerce search and filters
- Advanced Search Autocomplete – Predictive search with Spellcheck & Typo Autocorrection. Synonyms and “Did you mean” suggestions to minimize the chance of returning the “no results” page.
- Filters on the search results page – Empower your customers to narrow down the results to the products they want in seconds. Searchanise Search Results widget is used to generate the page with live search results and product filters matching the user query. Built-in look and feel editor, configurable filters.
- Search across product and content – Allows to search by multiple product attributes, including SKUs, as well as to search for non-product content such as blog posts.
- Personalized search suggestions – Our smart search algorithm learns from your customer queries and offers relevant suggestions based on previous search history.
- Live product preview – As the user starts typing in the search box, the drop-down menu populates with suggestions that contain product thumbnail images, price, label, review rating, in-stock status.
- Merchandising tools – Promote products in the search results with product ranking rules and keyword-based redirects. Increase order value with product recommendation blocks.
- All-Time analytics – Insightful analytics on customer behavior to improve your shop’s performance. For any time period from day one of using the search & filter plugin.
- Customizable look and feel – Finetune the plugin widgets settings to fit your Woo theme with the built-in editor. Custom CSS and HTML to build the sections the way you want them to look.
- Works with Yotpo and Stamped.io – Display product ratings in the search results for social proof and entice customers to buy.
- Optimized for mobile – Natural gestures like swipe and pinch are included to help navigate through the content.
FREE plan is available for stores with a catalog size of up to 25 products. For Woocommerce stores with bigger catalogs, Searchanise offers plans starting at $9/month. 30% off on an annual plan.
Start your trial and try all Pro features for 14 days for free.
Check out our demo store and experience what it feels like to run Searchanise:
Feedback & Support
We are always there for you if you need help. We love our customers and will do anything we can to assist. If you didn’t find the answer to your question in our Help Portal, feel free to contact us at email@example.com. Our customer care team will respond to you within one business day, guaranteed!
We are social
NOTE: Before the installation, please check the version of your WooCommerce plugin. You can find it in your WordPress admin panel in Plugins > Installed plugins. If it’s 3.0.0 or higher, you’re good to go.
You can install Smart WooCommerce Search by Searchanise in 3 ways – two simple ways and the advanced one.
Through WordPress plugin search
It’s the easiest way. All you need to do is:
1. Log in to WordPress admin panel.
2. Go to Plugins > Add new and enter “Searchanise” into the search bar on the right.
3. Click Install now and wait a couple of seconds for the plugin to install.
4. Click Activate and the indexation of your store will start.
5. Searchanise is installed and you can go play with its settings. The control panel can be found at Products > Searchanise.
Through WordPress admin plugin upload
This one is pretty simple too. Just do the following:
1. Download the plugin zip archive by clicking the blue Download button above.
2. Log in to your WordPress admin panel.
3. Go to Plugins > Add new and click Upload plugin at the top.
4. Browse and select the “smart-search-for-woocommerce.zip” archive you have downloaded earlier.
5. Click Install now and wait a second.
6. Click Activate plugin as the installation is done. Indexation of your store has started.
7. Now you can go to Products > Searchanise to start setting up the plugin you installed so easily.
Manually through FTP/SFTP
This method is a bit harder than the previous two. You may need it in case your provider has file restrictions that could prevent you from installing a plugin from the admin area. This is what you should do:
1. Download the plugin zip archive by clicking the blue Download button above.
2. Extract the archive to your computer. You’ll get a folder named “smart-search-for-woocommerce” with a bunch of files in it.
3. Open the FTP client on your computer and access your website with FTP/SFTP credentials. If you don’t have any, contact your hosting provider to obtain them.
4. Go to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory of your website and upload the folder you extracted at step 3 there.
5. Log in to your WordPress admin panel.
6. Go to Plugins > Installed plugins and find Smart WooCommerce Search by Searchanise. It’s already there!
7. Activate the plugin and the indexation starts.
8. Now go to Products > Searchanise and start setting your new plugin up.
Is there a free trial?
Sure! You’re welcome to try all the Searchanise Pro features for 14 days. No credit card needed.
Does Searchanise collect my private data?
Absolutely not. Searchanise collects only public data: product and category descriptions, prices, and page content. The only private thing we know about you is your email. Credit card payments are processed by PayPal or BlueSnap, secure payment gateways, so we never even see your credit card number.
How do I subscribe?
You can pay with a credit card or PayPal. Follow these simple instructions from our Support portal.
Can I pay for a full year ahead or make a one-time payment?
Yes, you can subscribe for Searchanise PRO yearly with 30% discount! Important note: yearly subscriptions can’t be refunded.
I have a problem! Where can I get help?
We’ve collected solutions for some common issues in our Knowledge Base. If the answer’s not there, use the Feedback form in your Smart Search by Searchanise control panel to reach our support team.
In urgent situations, mention @searchanise on Twitter to speed up the investigation.
Can you add this one really useful feature?
We’ll be happy to! Please share your ideas on the Searchanise support portal.
Store products are not submitted to Searchanise for a long period of time, the search engine shows the status ‘No data imported’.
Check the cron settings of your store. You either do not have periodic cron jobs running at all, or cron schedule is too sparse.
There is something wrong with timestamps: the Last sync timestamp shown in the admin panel widget does not correspond to the real sync time.
Make sure you have the correct timezone set in WordPress. Otherwise, Searchanise falls back to the default timezone which is UTC.
Is the search supposed to replace the whole search module?
Searchanise replaces the built-in search and processes all search queries remotely. If, for some reason, Searchanise is not ready to process search requests (e.g. indexing in progress,) the default search is temporarily used. If Searchanise Smart Search does not work in your store, please contact us, we will investigate the case.
Bijdragers & ontwikkelaars
“Smart Search & Product Filter for WooCommerce – Searchanise” is open source software. De volgende personen hebben bijgedragen aan deze plugin.Bijdragers
Interesse in ontwikkeling?
- [+] Added the “Use WordPress integrated JQuery version” plugin setting enabled by default. So Searchanise can now use the native WordPress’s JQuery in its widgets. This setting is available for WordPress v.5.6 or later.
- [+] Added the notice about the necessity to start re-indexation after editing the “Hide out of stock items from the catalog” WooCommerce setting (WooCommerce > Settings > Products > Inventory).
- [~] Changed domain from www.searchanise.com to searchserverapi.com for Searchanise queries.
- [!] Fixed logic of displaying the discount labels: the discount label was not displayed for grouped products.
- [!] Fixed the “PHP Fatal error Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_items() on bool” error that appeared while deleting too old orders.
- [~] The integration with the “qTranslate-X” plugin that is outdated was deleted.
- [~] Plugin’s debug data available to developers was extended.
- [~] The indexation algorithm and the discount labels showing were corrected for Grouped Products that consist of one Simple Product.
- [!] After selecting a currency in the field that was added by the “Booster for the WooCommerce” plugin, the Searchanise widgets have stopped working. Fixed.
- [!] After selecting by a logged-in user an additional currency in the field that was added by the “Booster for the WooCommerce” plugin, prices may have been imported incorrectly. Fixed.
- [!] The plugin may not have worked on a Windows server. Fixed.
- [!] The sort by relevance worked incorrectly if the “Out of stock to end” option is enabled. Fixed.
- [!] After adding a product to the cart, the Instant Search widget may have stopped working in some cases. Fixed.
- [!] Products without any Product Type (product_type) taxonomy term assigned were not being indexed. Fixed.
- [+] Compatibility with WordPress 5.7 and php8 was added.
- [+] New ‘Show Smart Search dashboard widget’ setting was added.
- [+] Additional ‘se_get_product_image_pre’ and ‘se_get_product_image_post’ filters were added for third-party development.
- [~] Functionality to update information about the plugin and Woocommerce versions was improved.
- [!] Some products could be missing after import. Fixed.
- [!] Blog post links may have been imported incorrectly. Fixed.
- [!] 404 error may have occurred on the Search Results page. Fixed.
- [!] Plugin failed to register in Searchanise in if Multisite mode was enabled. Fixed.
- [!] ‘PHP Notice Undefined variable: home_block’ PHP notice may have appeared. Fixed.
- [!] ‘Too few arguments to function SearchaniseInfo::getInfo()’ PHP error may have appeared in the”Info” tab on the Searchanise settings page. Fixed.
- [+] Recommendation blocks were added.
- [+] Ability to exclude specific pages and categories from indexation was added.
- [+] WordPress 5.5.1 support was added.
- [~] Search results widget style was corrected for default WordPress themes.
- [!] URL was generated incorrectly when domain was changed. Fixed.
- [!] Plugin conflicted with the “gift-wrapper-for-woocommerce” plugin. Fixed.
- [!] Product attributes in Chinese and having some special characters didn’t work. Fixed.
- [!] PHP error may have occurred during plugin installation. Fixed.
- [!] Pagination may have not worked in the Search result widget. Fixed.
- [+] Add to cart button was added to the Search results widget.
- [+] Indexation of blog posts was added.
- [!] A new search engine was created if the default language was changed. Fixed.
- [!] Product price for grouped products was calculated as 0 in some cases. Fixed.
- [!] Products were not excluded from indexation in some cases even if their tags were mentioned in the “Exclude products with these tags” option. Fixed.
- [!] Checkboxes were not displayed correctly in the Searchanise admin page in WordPress version 5.3.2 and later. Fixed.
- [!] Indexation stopped if wc_get_product() function didn’t return information for product. Fixed.
- [!] Product variants which include special symbols were not indexed. Fixed.
- [!] Product filter didn’t work if it contents ‘&’ symbol. Fixed.
- [+] Analytics Dashboard was added
- [~] Site search input in the admin panel was removed from search query selector
- [~] Search result page was excluded from search results list on the frontend
- [!] PHP Error could occur when search result page was updated. Fixed
- [+] Added ability to exclude products from indexation by specifying their tags.
- [+] Added ability to display currency symbol after price value.
- [!] Automatic registration didn’t work if Searchanise and Woocommerce plugins were activated at the same time. Fixed.
- [!] PHP-Notice occurred if plugin debug was enabled. Fixed.
- [+] Full-text search was added.
- [+] Additional “By date” and “Bestselling” sortings were added for WooCommerce Search results widget.
- [+] Translation .pot file was added.
- [~] Pluging code was refactored.
- [~] Plugin settings were refactored.