Accented file names can cause various problems when hosting or transferring a web site from a server to another.
This plugin automatically detects and changes the name of attachments containing special characters such as accented letters.
For example: if a user uploads a file named “L’École de Éric Rémillard.png”, the file name will be transformed and the file will be stored as “L_Ecole_de_Eric_Remillard.png”.
- Detects accents in newly uploaded files’ names, and change them for their unaccented version (ie. é -> e)
- We are open for your suggestions and feedback – Thank you for using or trying out one of our plugins!
- Drop us a line @nuagelab on Twitter
- Follow us on our Facebook page
- Drop us a line at email@example.com
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
Installing the Plugin
(using the WordPress Admin Console)
- From your dashboard, click on “Plugins” in the left sidebar
- Add a new plugin
- Search for “Safe Attachment Names”
- Install “Safe Attachment Names”
(manually via FTP)
- Delete any existing ‘safe-attachment-names’ folder from the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Upload the ‘auto-domain-change’ folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activeer de plug-in via het ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Do you plan to localize this plugin in a near future?
The plugin is currently available in English, French and Spanish. If you want to help with translation in other languages, we’ll be happy to hear from you.
Er zijn geen beoordelingen voor deze plugin.
Bijdragers & ontwikkelaars
“Safe Attachment Names” is open source software. De volgende personen hebben bijgedragen aan deze plugin.Bijdragers
- Tested up to WordPress 4.6.0. More than 100+ stable active installs.
- Tested up to WordPress 4.2.2
- First released version. Tested internally with about 10 sites.