On display, duplicate whitespace (including unicode whitespace characters) in between sentences or elsewhere within posts will be replaced with a single space. Useful if multiple contributors use different styles for sentence spacing or as a catch-all for any unintended extra whitespace.
This enables consistency in a blog with multiple contributors where one writer uses double spaces between sentences and another uses single spaces.
No modifications are made to the post content itself, the replacement happens when the content is displayed to the user.
- Upload the
remove-double-spacedirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Navigate to the admin panel
Settings > Remove Spacesto turn the replacement on/off (off by default).
- Does this plugin clean up after itself if uninstalled?
Yes, if deleted via the admin interface, the plugin will remove its options from the database using the
uninstall.phpfile. Deactivating the plugin won’t have any effect on the database options. If this file is not included with the plugin, the uninstall process will not run.
Er zijn geen beoordelingen voor deze plugin.
Bijdragers & ontwikkelaars
“Remove Double Space” is open source software. De volgende personen hebben bijgedragen aan deze plugin.Bijdragers
- Tested up to 3.2
- Fully uses Settings API
- Changed menu name and moved to Settings panel, added link to settings from plugins page
- Encapsulated plugin in a class
- Fixed donation link
- Initial release, supports switching replacement off/on globally.