Pk Favicon Manager WordPress plugin lets you add a favicon image to your WordPress website. Favicon is a small icon image or logo displayed in the address bar of a web browser. By using this plugin, you can easily upload and change favicon icon on your website built in WordPress.
Pk Favicon Manager WordPress Plugin Features
- Very simple and easy to use.
- No complex menus or setting.
- Just upload an image and change your website’s default favicon logo.
- Enable or disable the favicon code on the website.
- Store two favicon logos and choose any one of them to display on the website.
- Compatible with almost every version of WordPress.
How Does It Work?
The PHP codes of this plugin lets you upload your own favourite icon to the server. Once the pages of your website are accessed by the users, WordPress loads an action hook named
wp_header on every page request. On every
wp_header action hook the plugin appends required favicon image code to all the web pages. The procedure is the same for all post types such as the home page, category page, post pages or custom pages. This enables web browsers to load and display favicon icon for your WordPress website.
Currently the plugin is available in only the English language. We will add more languages soon.
More Information and Support
- Homepage of Pk Favicon Manager Plugin for WordPress at pkplugins.com
- More Free WordPress plugins
- Plugin support and help
Read more and Support
- If you like our favicon plugin, please provide your valuable feedback and suggestions to improve the quality of the plugin.
- Feel free to test the plugin in different WordPress versions and vote in the Compatibility section so that other users can check compatibility and download the appropriate version.
- Share your experience by rating the plugin.
- Read about plugin news, updates and more on our official website at pkplugins.com
- Do not hesitate to ask questions, report bugs/errors or anything related to our plugin through our support section, author’s website or plugin website.
Pk Favicon Manager WordPress plugin is released under the GPLv2. You can download, install and use this plugin for free on your personal or commercial website.
This section describes how to upload Favicon image icon on your WordPress website. Read the following sections carefully to install and use this WordPress plugin to change favicon image of your website.
Search and Install from WordPress admin panel
- If you are logged into your WordPress, from the admin panel go to the ‘Plugins’ menu and click the ‘Add New’ button.
- On the Plugins installation page, under the Search navigation menu, enter ‘Pk Favicon Manager’ in the search bar and click ‘Search Plugins.’
- You will find ‘Pk Favicon Manager plugin By Pradnyankur Nikam’ in the list.
- Click the ‘Install Now’ button to install the plugin or click ‘Details’ to read more. The ‘Install Now’ link is also available on the details popup window.
- Once the plugin is installed, you need to activate the plugin to use it on your website.
- To install the plugin manually, visit Pk Favicon Manager WordPress plugin description page.
- Click the ‘Download Version 1.0’ button on the page to download and save the plugin zip file named
pk-favicon-manager.zipto your computer.
- Login to your WordPress admin panel. Go to Plugins -> Add New -> select ‘Upload’ navigation on the page. Click the ‘Browse’ button, select the downloaded
pk-favicon-manager.zipfile from your computer and click the ‘Install Now’ button. WordPress will upload and automatically extract and install the plugin in the appropriate directory for you.
pk-favicon-manager.zipfile and upload all the files inside ‘pk-favicon-manager.zip’ folder to your website’s
wp-content/pluginsdirectory. Go to plugins and activate the Pk Favicon Manager plugin from the list.
- Reload the WordPress Admin Panel and you will see a new menu ‘FaviconManger’ on the left sidebar menu of you administrator panel.
- Click and open the ‘FaviconManger’ page. Here you can upload your own favicon images to your WordPress website.
- You can also completely enable or disable the favicon code by selecting the respected dropdown menu.
Is this plugin free to use?
Yes. This plugin is absolutely free to install and use.
Is the plugin secure to use?
Yes. We have done our best to keep the php codes safe and secure. If you encounter any security related issue, feel free to contact us.
What is Favicon in WordPress or other website?
A favicon (short for “favorites icon”) is an icon associated with a website or webpage intended to be used when you bookmark the web page. Web browsers use them in the URL bar, on tabs, and elsewhere to help identify a website visually.
What are standard image resolutions for a favicon?
For IE, Microsoft recommends 16×16, 32×32 and 48×48 favicon.ico file, for iOS, Apple recommends resolutions at most 180×180 while some other platforms look for PNG files with various resolutions, like the 96×96 pixels.
Can I upload multiple favicons using this plugin?
Yes! You can upload 2 favicon using this plugin. But you can activate and use only one favicon at a time.
What are the requirements to use this plugin?
You should have an image with a standard size 16×16, 32×32 or 48×48 to use as a favicon.
How do I turn off the favicon display?
On plugins page you can find the dropdown menu to enable or disable the favion logo. Just choose the appropriate option and save.
How can I deactivate or uninstall the plugin?
Go to the plugins menu and deactivate the plugin from the installed plugins list.
Er zijn geen beoordelingen voor deze plugin.
Bijdragers & ontwikkelaars
“Pk Favicon Manager” is open source software. De volgende personen hebben bijgedragen aan deze plugin.Bijdragers
Vertaal “Pk Favicon Manager” naar jouw taal.
Interesse in ontwikkeling?
Bekijk de code, haal de SVN repository op, of abonneer je op het ontwikkellog via RSS.
- Major coding changes has been done.
- Fixed some small bugs.
- The new version is available from 02 December 2022.
- First version of the Pk Favicon Manager WordPress plugin released and available to download on 09 November 2014.