Monitoring services like www.siteuptime.com or www.montastic.com require a page on your website to monitor.
This plugin provides a virtual target for your monitoring services that does not invoke other plugins (specifically avoiding the Google analytics plugins so that your statistics are not skewed by monitoring calls)
The two targets provided for the monitoring service are:
- monitor.htm – via .htaccess and does not use WordPress (but does use PHP)
- monitorWP.htm – via WP and so tests the Database etc is working
- Upload the entire pg-monitor folder to your plugins directory
- Activate pg-monitor from the plugin page
- Refresh your permalink settings
Use either www.example.com/monitor.htm or www.example.com/monitorWP.htm when you set up your monitoring service
- Why do I get a page not found error
Depending on your configuration you may need to visit the Permalink settings page and simply click save. This will refresh the permalink settings and the page will be found.
You may have to repeat this process if you disable or delete this plugin.
- Can I monitor WordPress and my host separately
There are two virtual target files supplied that will appear as if they are in the root of your website (although there is no physical file there)
- monitor.htm This file will be available even if WordPress is down (it does require PHP to be working)
- monitorWP.htm This file uses much of the WordPress infrastructure and will return failure if there is a database connectivity issue (unlike the first file)
- Where do I see my monitoring results
This plugin does not perform monitoring of your site – you need a monitoring service for this. You configure the external monitoring service to point to one of the two virtual files that this plugin creates.
Er zijn geen beoordelingen voor deze plugin.
Bijdragers & ontwikkelaars
“PG Monitor” is open source software. De volgende personen hebben bijgedragen aan deze plugin.Bijdragers
Vertaal “PG Monitor” naar jouw taal.
Interesse in ontwikkeling?
Bekijk de code, haal de SVN repository op, of abonneer je op het ontwikkellog via RSS.
- Corrected problem where permalinks did not register on activation for the internal page
- Enabled i18n on the internal page (External page does not use WordPress so can’t access WordPress translations)
- Changed charset from ISO-8859-1 to UTF-8 to fix problem with translations in the monitorWP.htm target file
- included POT files and an attempt at Spanish translation (I apologise for any errors and corrections / new languages are welcome)
- Translation on the external monitor.htm that does not use WordPress is coming if there is enough interest – I expect it is used less
- Correcting missing screenshots in repository
- Initial release