The best way to share content from multiple sources!
KBucket is a robust, plug&play content library plugin for WordPress that lets you display and share curated content from your website.
The KBucket page is organized into two columns:
- A Pinterest-type content grid column for displaying the posts
- A tag cloud column to display content tag cloud, author tag cloud, and publisher tag cloud to help users filter and view the published posts in context.
The content for your KBucket library is curated and managed in the browser by our Kurator plugin and automatically synced with your webiste.
To add a new item to the collection, no login is required for those contributing content.
Kurator scrapes information off the pages you want to save and lets you edit the headline, choose an image from the page, modify the description and add publisher, author, date, and content tags to organize and categorize the content.
You can have more than one curator contribute content, using the shared folder feature in Kurator. Users don’t need to be signed into WordPress.
You can also publish more than one channel on your KBucket page. Each channel generates a unique URL that links to the channel.
Each channel generates a unique RSS feed that you can use to automate your social media content postings, as well as power your newsletters.
You can use any email platform that offers an RSS to Email feature.
FEATURES AND APPLICATIONS
- Curate, comment, tag, and organize content in your browser
- Allow other members to contribute content utilizing the shared folder feature
- Publish multiple collections, each on its own page
- Prepare the content once and share it on multiple channels
- Drive Inbound traffic from third-party content to your website
- Use the RSS feeds from each channel to automatically populate content for your newsletter.
- Use the RSS feeds from each channel to automate your social media posting
WHO IS KBUCKET FOR…
You are in a battle for attention and need content to engage users. Moreover, users are looking for trusted sources of information.
When businesses are looking to increase their content output, curated content is often the next step.
Studies show that the ideal content sharing strategy would be a 60/40 ratio of curated content to branded content.
Curated content is a great complement to your own blog and branded content and will help establish your thought leadership in your field of expertise.
Moreover, curating and sharing content with Kurator and KBucket is not time consuming and lets you stay engaged with fresh content all the time.
Types of content that work well for curated content are news, research studies, and educational and lifestyle content.
Become a trusted source of news and information with KBucket and establish yourself as a thought leader and influencer in your space.
You may also want to organize access to web documents, PDF files, and other data that aren’t part of your site’s navigation. Managing access to information from numerous sources is simple with KBucket.
You can get started for free with both KBucket and Kurator. The free version lets you manage and publish 100 links.
Take a look to see how it all works.
- Retirement Program Services Plansponsor Consultants is an elite retirement planning consultancy. Being a trusted advisor for their clients and prospects, they provide a trusted resource of third party content that they have assessed.
*Immigration Attorney John Manley is a US Immigration attorney who uses KBucket to curate and automates the sharing of immigration-related news on multiple social channels using KBucket.
- Toastmaster Club Silicon Speech is a Toastmasters group that uses KBucket to curate and distribute Toastmaster-related material for its members and the public at large.
Steps to activate the plugin.
- Activate the Plugin from your WordPress Dashboard, KBucket Plugin page (You will see KBucket in the sidebar)
- Register the Plugin by going to our registration page
- Get your API key from your new profile page (The free version lets you display 10 articles per channel)
- Enter your API key under the settings tab in your WordPress KBucket page
- If you are using a Page Builder product, you need to use short codes to display the content
- Go the the “Settings Tab” and choose “use short code” option
- Go to the KBucket page (this page is labeled under your pages list) and create a row with two columns and copy the short codes into each section
- Add the Kbucket page to your desired menu and change the name and url of the page as you wish
- If you are not using short codes, go to the Appearance Widgets menu and add the KBucket tags to the “KBucket Sidebar”
- Download Kurator from the Kurator product page
- Visit our forum if you have any questions forums.
- To learn how to create and export your curated research see this post in the Kurator forum.
- To upload your curated page go to the ‘upload KBucket’ tab in your plugin and upload the file.
What are the limitations with the Free Version
The Free version lets you post 100 articles per channel and create as many channels as you wish.
How do I curate Articles
In order to curate articles you need our Kurator extension for Chrome. You can find the link to Kurator under the installation tab, or you can search for the name in chrome web-store.
Bijdragers & ontwikkelaars
“KBucket: Your Curated Content in WordPress” is open source software. De volgende personen hebben bijgedragen aan deze plugin.Bijdragers
Interesse in ontwikkeling?
First official public release
Fixed minor theme related bugs
Fixed minor theme related bugs
Fixed issues with “Set Social” on the backend
Added Twitter handle for sharing
Added Twitter handle for sharing
Fixed upload bugs
Fixed category tag issues
Fixed memory upload issues
Fixed issues with social image share
Fixed issues with Style formatting
Fixed issues with Java Script – conflicts with newer versions
Made KBucket page micro tags visible to the search engine
Added short code capabilities to make it compatible for more themes
Changed how images are uploaded. Once an image is loaded from the server, it will stay, till changed by the server.
Solved issues with mobile display
Changed the URL structure to SEO friendly URLs.
Added a new template with the channels appearing in the side-bar
Added CSS tab for modifying look and feel of the KBucket page
Fixed issues with image upload
Updated Mobile display of posts. Now you see the whole description while in Mobile viewing. This helps with our Botcopy integration.
Updated the version to work with the new WordPress database, enhanced the RSS feeds and added more fields for our Chatbot CMS solution and changed how the cards display content.
Updated the tag and image edit features. Also made the plugin compatible with PHP 8.0
Added a new theme for the KBucket page.
Added the ability to edit and replace images directly on the page
Updated the payment gateway
Ability to add description for each channel
Fixed issue with camera icon
Fixed minor issues and crated a link back to our website
Added a sync feature to sync Kurator files with KBucket
Fixed bugs with the sync feature
Fixed issues with Sync, improved the uploading process to only update what has changed. Much faster sync process.
Fixed an issue with a log file that needed to be deactivated. It was slowing down access to plugin on the back end.