This plugin allows you to get the great benefits of IRM Newsroom in use with your WordPress site. All feeds and share prices are completely flexible so they can be styled to match your company branding.
Benefits of IRM Newsroom
- Immediate distribution of ASX announcements to your website, email subscribers and social media channels.
- Choice of automated or one click authorise process to release announcements.
- Simple editing features to change messaging per announcement.
- Flexible options to change distribution channels per announcement.
- Ability to add extra third party feeds to your Newsroom including your blog.
- Robust System: Over 500 ASX announcements and over 300,000 emails are sent via Newsroom each month*.
*Based on statistics from 2016.
Please note: An IRM Newsroom account is necessary for the plugin to function correctly. For information on plans and pricing, please visit the IRM website here. www.irmau.com
Styling List Pages & Class Names
List pages that are shown from your IRM site can be styled using the following class names. Please note that they will take on any default list styles that you already have on your existing WordPress site. List pages start with the shortcode irmlist and then the category for the list.
The list comes with some basic formatting which can be overridden with the css classes.
- table.newsitems : the container for the table where the articles are listed.
- div.article : wrapped around each list item.
- span.articleDate : for the list item date.
- span.fileSizeLabel : the wording “File Size”.
- span.fileSize : the size of the file.
- div.ItemTickerCode : if the item has an associated ticker code it will show up here.
- .article a : targets the link and title for the article.
- span.articleBrief : the brief if any for the article.
- The plugin can be installed via the plugins / add new menu in wordpress. Upload the provided zip file when prompted in wordpress. Once installed you can access the plugin via Settings / IRM Newsroom in wordpress back end.
- Add the sitekey provided to you which should be something like http and then irm5.live.irmau.com press save changes to update the setting. If you have entered the site key properly it should show a list of your pages below.
- Under the menu List Page Shortcodes and Flat Page Shortcodes you will find your pages from the irm version of your site.
- If your theme supports it you can also import the menu from your IRM site into wordpress, it will however link back to your IRM site rather than the wordpress site so this may be useful only if you are replicating the irm theme on your wordpress blog.
- The plugin also comes with a feature that can connect your wordpress blog to your IRM site, and when you publish a new blog post or update an existing one it can be published on your IRM Corporate site as well as being sent to subscribers and social media channels using Newsroom.
How is IRM Newsroom integrated with my existing website?
The process of integrating IRM Newsroom into your existing website is seamless. We provide various technical integration methods depending on the nature of your own website. IRM Newsroom integrates seamlessly with IRM HQi websites.
IRM Newsroom comes complete with its own instance of IRM HQi, where you can view all news and announcements, as well as manage your subscriber database and more.
How does IRM Newsroom know that I have lodged an ASX Announcement through ASX Online?
Within moments of receiving your ASX lodgment confirmation email, IRM will also be notified and your Newsroom distribution process activated, including your Newsroom notification email automatically generated for you to approve the distribution process.
Can I choose which news is published where?
Yes, you have complete control of what news is published. You can set up different defaults by type, and override them for particular pieces of news. You can publish to all channels (including website, email subscribers, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn), or to selected channels. The choice is with you.
Yes, IRM offers Social Media set up packages to assist companies to engage with audiences through social media.
We generate a lot of news – do I have to decide what to do with every article?
IRM Newsroom gives you control over how each type of news item is managed – you can opt for automatic or manual distribution. The choice is yours. Archiving is also available.
Does IRM Newsroom keep my website news up-to-date?
Yes, a benefit of IRM Newsroom is that your website and investor email subscribers can be kept up-to date with very little effort.
Does IRM Newsroom manage all my investor email subscribers?
Yes, IRM Newsroom automatically manages all your email subscribers, as well as those who unsubscribe. You can also manage your email lists and keep separate lists for different types of announcements.
Can I view all the news items I have released and archived for later use?
Yes, IRM Newsroom provides detail on the full history of every news item received and published. You can also publish items that were archived for a later date.
But what if I don’t have an IRM or WordPress website? Can I still get the benefits of IRM Newsroom?
Of course, we’re happy to work with your developers to provide a JSON feed that they can use to display your announcements on your website.
What does this mean? It means that you still get the great benefits of using IRM Newsroom mentioned above including the automated and immediate distribution of ASX announcements to your website, email subscribers and social media channels.
Bijdragers & ontwikkelaars
“IRM Newsroom” is open source software. De volgende personen hebben bijgedragen aan deze plugin.Bijdragers
* Tested up to: 6.3.1
* Changed QuoteAPI from 1.8.5 to 1.15.7
* Tested on WordPress version 6.2.2
* Changed version to 1.2.14
* Tested on WordPress version 6.1.1
* Changed version to 1.2.13
- Site Directory can now be set to blank for sites with clean url setting.
- Added IRM Events Tab and Event List, Event Registration Shortcodes.
- Tested on WordPress version 6.0.3
- Changed version to 1.2.12
- Tested plugin working with WordPress 6.0
- Tested plugin working with WordPress 5.9.1
- Tested plugin working with WordPress 5.8.1
- Changed default test site to HTTPS
- Tested plugin working with WordPress 5.8
- Updated to work with WordPress 5.5
- Added field for email unsubscribe success page
- Updated to work with WordPress 5.3
- Updated version for testing.
- Fixed active tab selection
- Updates to shortcode functions
- Cleaning up some of the functions
- Formatting fixes for share prices
- Added css link for shareprice and changed load priority
- Added Events Calendar shortcode and tab
- Added short codes for share prices
- Added select toggle inserting of shareprice scripts into header of site
- Fixed error if server is missing curl
- Added tabs to configuration screen
- Fixed wording on configuration screen
- Fixed issue with site_type when showing flat pages
- Added ability to list categories even if they do not have any posts associated with them
- Added Options for SSL and site directory
- Added the ability to use the menu from an IRM website for consistency when a separate WordPress blog is used.
- Added the ability to show List pages from an IRM website.
- Added the ability to show Flat pages from an IRM Website.