Limiting the cookie expire time of password protected posts. By default the cookie set when entering a password to access a password-protected post will be active for 10 days. This plugin turns this cookie into a session-based cookie. This means your visitor will need to re-enter the password if the browser was closed prior to revisiting the post.
By following these instruction, you’ll be able to install Instant Cookie Expire.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/instant-cookie-expiredirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress.
- I closed the browsertab and opened a new one, but your plugin does not work?
This is expected behaviour. Since the cookie works session-based, a password won’t be requested again unless the user closes the browser entirely.
Bijdragers & ontwikkelaars
“Instant Cookie Expire” is open source software. De volgende personen hebben bijgedragen aan deze plugin.Bijdragers
- Altered the plugin code. Thanks to the suggestions of pjherrel.
- Updated the description for WordPress 4.6
- First release.