This plugin transforms the Gutenberg gallery block into a lightbox with previous/next navigation. It was built to offer those who wish to present a series of images in lightbox/slider format with a simple, lightweight solution.
- Install the plugin through the Install Plugins interface or by uploading the
ggbl-lightboxfolder to your
- Activate the plugin.
- Make sure you select “Media File” in the Link To dropdown menu for your galleries
Why did you make this plugin?
I haven’t found a lightbox that is optimized for Gutenberg galleries. Many generate their own gallery formats or contain unneccesary options. I wanted to build one that was as minimal as possible, while offering a functional and elegant experience.
Bijdragers & ontwikkelaars
“Gutenberg Gallery Blocks Lightbox” is open source software. De volgende personen hebben bijgedragen aan deze plugin.Bijdragers
* Changed lightbox to position:fixed to prevent unwanted scrolling. Props @Antahai
* test for wp 6.0. Adds support for left/right arrow key navigation. Adds support for ESC key to close gallery.
* test for wp 5.9. Works with updated wp-blocks-gallery class
* Ensure that lightbox is above all other elements on the page
* Initial Release.