This plugin should only be used on Genesis sites (on non-Genesis sites, it won’t break anything, but it also won’t do anything at all other than setting up the post type).
If you take a look at the tutorial above, you’ll see the basics of what this plugin does. In addition to setting up the staff-member post type and staff-position taxonomy, this plugin automatically sets up a thickbox lightbox which lets you show content about each staff member in a popup when the featured image is clicked.
- Use the Genesis framework. If you aren’t using a Genesis child theme, this plugin will not work with your site.
- Unzip the plugin and upload the folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/” directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- That’s it! There aren’t currently any options to configure.
If you’re needing more information, here’s full documentation
- Where’s my staff page?
You can either use the [staff] shortcode (more info on that), or, if you’d like to use the defaults, the archive is located at http://yoursite.com/staff
- So how does this work?
This plugin creates a custom post type called staff-member and a taxonomy to go along with it called staff-position. It gives you built-in templates for both (these templates are part of the plugin), and a future version of the plugin will allow you to create your own replacement templates if you’d like them to do something other than the defaults.
- Does this plugin have a settings page or anything that needs to be set up before using it?
Not at the moment, though there are some shortcode attributes that can help you customize things.
* An options page to allow for customization of the archive and single templates – allowing the featured image to be removed from the single template, allowing for customization
Bijdragers & ontwikkelaars
“Genesis Staff Bio Grid” is open source software. De volgende personen hebben bijgedragen aan deze plugin.Bijdragers
- Fixed a bug where two different lightbox sizes were being generated depending on the link clicked.
- Added beta support for nested shortcodes (within the lightboxes)
- Cleaned up styles for the edit this link
- Added phone number, facebook, twitter, and email links as post meta
- Added the CMB post meta framework
Version 1.0.1 and 1.0.2
- Fallback image provided for both implementations if no featured image is present
- Shortcode implementation
- Documentation added
- Added div with page class to the archive template to avoid issues on sites with dark backgrounds
- Repositioned single template to put image on the right
- Issues with image sizing fixed
- Default styles added to avoid a negative margin issue with images
- Initial commit