Fastest Share Buttons for WordPress shows fixed or floating share buttons in the fastest way ever possible.
How? Well, most of the social networks can share content based only on an URL and some parameters; Fastest Share Buttons for WordPress just generates a valid URL properly filled with the right parameters and show them up as nicely formated buttons.
This way loading any external or local JS resources is unnecessary and we are also avoid waiting for data exchange with any social network.
Another big advantage is that once generated, the URLs stays unchanged (unless you don’t change title or content) – and will be cached, along with the CSS files of the buttons. The Fastest Share Buttons for WordPress is thus compatible with all cache plugins out there.
The downside is we won’t have share counters – but that can be solved by caching the counters – and this is a future feature on the plugin’s roadmap!
- Google Plus
- Display fixed share buttons before or after content, selectable for posts, pages, home and archives
- The fixed share buttons are mobile friendly – they get a bit smaller under a certain screen width (selectable)
- Display floating share bar, selectable for posts, pages, home and archives
- The share bar is mobile friendly – it moves on the bottom of the screen under a certain, selectable, screen width and the buttons get a bit smaller under another selectable screen width, so they won’t stack up on tiny little screens
- The share bar can stretch to entire screen width when displayed at the screen bottom (selectable option), or it can stay at the center and keep the buttons square
- Each button can be enabled or disabled individually
- User defined buttons size and user defined icon size inside the buttons
- User defined spacing before and after the fixed share bar
- Shortcode available to insert the share buttons wherever you see fit; Just use [mofsb] inside posts or pages.
- Add styling options (round buttons, custom colors etc.)
- Add option to insert text before fixed buttons
- Connect with a share stats plugin and show total share numbers from its cache
- Add more buttons
- Add options to change buttons order
- Upload the entire
fastest-share-buttonsfolder to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory (or go to Plugins -> Add New, search for the plugin and click on Install Now button)
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Settings -> Fastest Share Buttons and select at least a few places to show the share buttons
- I installed the plugin and I see no buttons?
Go to Settings -> Fastest Share Buttons and enable some placement options
- Can I change the share bar position to left, or to a higher/lower position?
Yes, scroll down the setting page
- Can I choose which buttons to display?
Yes, each button has its own display option in the settings page
- How do I make the bottom share bar stretch across the screen?
Check the Stretch bar at bottom option in the settings page
Bijdragers & ontwikkelaars
“Fastest Share Buttons” is open source software. De volgende personen hebben bijgedragen aan deze plugin.Bijdragers
Tested to work on WP 5.3.2
Correcting a substring offset problem with Twitter substring extraction
Changed the plugin icon, plus minor fixes
Tweaked some more options in the readme files
Tweaked few options in the readme files
Fix a missing overqualify CSS option
- Initial version.