This plugin offers a few lightweight features to speed up your WordPress site without much hassle.
Far Future Expiry
When the feature is enabled, this plugin will modify your .htaccess file by inserting code which will add expires headers for common static file types.
You can also enable Gzip compression on your site using this plugin. Gzip compression will speed up your WordPress site by compressing the page output and sending it to your visitors browser.
When enabled, the plugin will do gzip compression if the visitor’s browser can handle it.
This feature may conflict with a few other plugins. So disable this feature if you need to use a plugin which doesn’t work with gzip compression.
To use this plugin do the following:
1) Ensure that the “mod_expires” module is enabled from your host’s main configuration file
2) Check with your hosting provider or if you have access to the httpd.conf file the following line should be uncommented:
LoadModule expires_module modules/mod_expires.so
3) Enable the “Far Future Expiration” checkbox
4) Set the number of days till expiry
5) Select the file types you wish to enable the “far future expiration” feature for by using the checkboxes in the “File Types” section
NOTE: When you use this plugin, the file selected file types are cached in the browser until they expire. Therefore you should not use this on files that change frequently.
Visit the plugin site at http://www.tipsandtricks-hq.com/wordpress-far-future-expiration-plugin-5980 for screenshots and more info.
- Upload the far-future-expiration.zip file from the Plugins -> Add New page in the WordPress administration panel.
- Activate the plugin through the “Plugins” menu in the WordPress administration panel.
Can I set a far future expiry header with this plugin?
Can I eanble gzip compression on my site using this plugin?
If you combine this plugin with another one such as Super Cache you will be impress of the improvements.
In about three minutes, this plugin took my website from a YSlow score of “D” to an “A” and my page load times went from 7.1 seconds to 0.3! Exceptional results, simple as pie to use.
Simple and working. Thanks
not workinggg. also gt metrix is not worked
Bijdragers & ontwikkelaars
“Far Future Expiry Header” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Bijdragers
Interested in development?
- Added a new feature to enable gzip compression on the site
- Fixed a minor bug with the htacess rules.
- First commit to wp repo