WARNING: This plugin is for advanced users. If used incorrectly it could wipe out all your content!
Keeping databases in sync between development, staging and live servers can be a pain. This plugin lets you
link together several WordPress installations by sharing a secret token. Once linked, administrators can pull
or push the entire database between servers with just a click.
Currently syncs database only, not uploaded files.
The plugin will attempt to make local backups of the database before overwriting. These are stored as gzipped SQL
files in wp-content/plugins/database-sync/backups/dbYYYYMMDD.HHMMSS.sql.gz The backups directory should be made
writable, and you should keep an eye on it if you sync often as it will grow in size.
See Installation instructions.
- Install as usual.
- Activate plugin.
- Repeat 1 & 2 on each server that you want to link.
- Go to Tools > Database Sync on the main server and copy the token.
- On the other server(s), go to Tools > Database Sync and paste the token.
You are now set up to pull from and push to the main server.
Bijdragers & ontwikkelaars
“Database Sync” is open source software. De volgende personen hebben bijgedragen aan deze plugin.Bijdragers
- Extra URL sanitisation.
- Fixed XSS vulnerability.
- Support for dumping and syncing MySQL VIEWs.
- Fixed E_NOTICE warning. Thanks to miniragnarok.
$wpdbinstead of deprecated
mysqliextension. Thanks to Simon East.
- Fixed manual dump download filename. Thanks to Ronald Mansveld.
- Initial public release.
- Internal testing.