The “Custom Strava Integration” is a powerful plugin that makes integrating strava activities easy and simple. It gives you the opportunity to create output exactly the way you like it.
Basically what this plugin does is adding the shortcode [strava id=”[activity id]”] to your post, receiving data via Strava API v3 and filling the preconfigured template with this information.
You want full control of the shortcode’s output ? No Problem. You can specify a template at the settings page and define the positions of strava information. Therefore ‘Custom Strava Integration’ provides these placeholders:
- [distance] – Overall distance of the activity
- [description] – Description of the activity
- [duration] – Duration of the activity
- [elevation] – Overall elevation of the activity
- [location] – Location of the activity
- [name] – Name of the activity
- [speed] – Depending on type (ride or run) – either running pace or riding speed
- [time] – Local start time of the activity
- [type] – Type of the activity (run – ride – swim)
You can not only customize the style by using CSS features, moreover you have full control over the html output.
Moreover you can choose the type of display unit (mi/ft or km/m) you want to use.
Difference to other solutaions
We know that strava also does offer their own embedded widget, but this plugin:
- does not use iframes (if you want to)
- allows you to fully customize the content
- can display more information than the widget
- does not require you to leave the site
You can concentrate on the important things – writing good blog posts!
- Upload the folder
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Please create a application on Strava first! Go here [http://www.strava.com/developers] for more details.
- It is also important to make sure that the redirect URI you enter is the same as your site.
- After creating the application go to the Settings page and enter the client id and secret.
- Save settings
- Click “Connect with Strava” on the settings page to generate an access token
Add to page/post
Basically what this plugin does is adding the shortcode [strava id=”[activity id]”] to your post, receiving data via Strava API v3 and filling the preconfigured template with this information. Of course you could paste the snippet manually, but in order to do so you would have to leave your site and find the needed id by yourself. The easier way is to choose one of the listed activities in the right corner of your post editing page and let the plugin do the work for you. No more copy and paste!
- Do i really need to add a strava app?
Yes this is required by strava to allow access to your activities
Er zijn geen beoordelingen voor deze plugin.
Bijdragers & ontwikkelaars
“Custom Strava Integration” is open source software. De volgende personen hebben bijgedragen aan deze plugin.Bijdragers
Interesse in ontwikkeling?
- Plugin released.