This plugin lets you set custom order numbers in WooCommerce.
- WooCommerce order numbers can be sequential, random or by order ID.
- Sequential counter can be set to automatically reset on daily, monthly or yearly basis.
- Custom numbers will be assigned to new orders automatically.
- There is also a tool to renumerate (i.e. recount) existing orders.
- Optionally you can add prefix to order number.
- You can also enable order tracking by custom number.
- Optionally you can enable admin order search by custom number.
Check out the PRO version of Custom Order Numbers for WooCommerce plugin.
Features of Premium Version
- Order number template.
- Order number date prefix.
- Order number width.
- Order number custom suffix.
- Order number date suffix.
- Manual order number counter.
Compatibility With Invoice Plugins:
Custom Order Numbers plugin is compatible with all popular invoice plugins such that the invoices created by those plugins will have the custom order numbers and not the original order id. Some of those plugins are:
- WooCommerce PDF Invoices, Packing Slips, Delivery Notes & Shipping Labels
- Print Invoice & Delivery Notes for WooCommerce
- Invoices for WooCommerce
- WooCommerce PDF Invoices & Packing Slips
- Booster for Woocommerce
- Challan – PDF Invoice & Packing Slip for WooCommerce
Some of our other Pro plugins
Some of our other free plugins
- We are open to your suggestions and feedback.
- Thank you for using or trying out one of our plugins!
- Please visit the plugin page.
- Upload the entire ‘custom-order-numbers-for-woocommerce’ folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Start by visiting plugin settings at WooCommerce > Settings > Custom Order Numbers.
How can I use custom order numbers instead of default WooCommerce order numbers in third-party plugins like Invoice plugins, Integration plugins, etc.?
When you use the Custom Order Number Lite plugin, in the Database, the original Order ID created by WooCommerce remains unchanged because that Order ID is used for many core functions and by multiple plugins and themes.
To use custom order numbers in a third-party plugin, you will have to contact the Support Team of the third-party plugin & ask them to make the necessary changes. They can do this by fetching the Order ID and using the below code for Custom Order Number.
This code has to be used in place of where the Order ID is fetched as shown below:
$custom_order_number = $order->get_order_number(); //where $order is an order object
Is it possible to set random numbers for the custom order number?
Yes, it is possible to set the random numbers for the custom order number.
Custom Order Numbers can be set in three different ways – Sequential, Random or by Order ID.
Is it possible to reset the custom order number counter?
Yes, it is possible to reset the counter number. You can reset the counter number in four different ways- daily, monthly and yearly basis.
There is also an option to set a number for reset counter value. This would mean that on every reset, the sequence will start with that particular number.
Can I set the width for the custom order numbers, for example, I want my custom order number to be 8 characters long?
This is not possible in the Lite plugin. But using the Pro version, you can set the width of the custom order number on the settings page.
If somehow the sequential order number breaks down, what should be done to put all orders in a correct sequence?
Custom Order Numbers plugin has a tool called ‘Renumerate Orders’. Using this tool, you can easily renumerate all the existing orders in a correct sequence.
Is it possible to add prefix/suffix based on different user roles?
This is not possible in the Lite plugin. But using the Pro version, you can add a prefix/suffix based on different user roles. For eg: guest-order for Guest user role, etc.
In the third-party plugin, how to use the custom order numbers instead of WooCommerce Order Number?
In Custom Order Numbers Lite plugin, in the Database, we do not change the original order id created by WooCommerce because that order id is used for many core functions and also by multiple plugins and themes.
So what you will have to do is, you will have to contact to support team of the third-party plugin and ask them to make the necessary changes. They will have to make the changes where Order ID is been fetched and have to use the below code for Custom Order Number instead of the code used for Order ID.
Here is the code they will need.
$custom_order_number = $order->get_order_number(); //where $order is an order object
Bijdragers & ontwikkelaars
“Custom Order Numbers for WooCommerce” is open source software. De volgende personen hebben bijgedragen aan deze plugin.Bijdragers
1.3.5 – 17/05/2022
- Fix – Subscription orders were not getting considered when using Renumerate Order Tool.
- Info – Added description for Renumerate Order Tools button
- Info – Added Q&A in FAQ page.
1.3.4 – 26/10/2021
- Fix – Admin pages were loading slower due to the query in the plugin. This is fixed now.
- Fix – Old orders were not searchable with the order number. This is fixed now.
1.3.3 – 08/07/2021
- Fix – After updating the plugin to the v1.3.2, it crashed the database for some sites. This is fixed now.
- Fix – Time consumed by the admin pages to load were more in the v1.3.2. This is fixed now.
1.3.2 – 05/07/2021
- Fix – Fixed the errors coming with the PHP 8.
- Fix – Search for old order numbers were not working. This is fixed now.
- Fix – Critical error message were coming on saving the settings page. This is partially fixed. A permanent fix will be released in the next update.
- Fix – After updating the admin notice order numbers for the Subscription order were getting changed. This is fixed now.
1.3.1 – 01/04/2021
- Fix – Order numbers were missing and only prefix were coming in the new orders which were placed after the update of v1.3.0 where the Order numbers counter option was set to Order ID. This is fixed now.
1.3.0 – 25/03/2021
- Enhancement – You can now search by custom order numbers on the WooCommerce Orders page. This required a change in the database, which has been implemented in this release.
- Fix – While exporting the orders to CSV, it is not showing the orders along with the prefix. This is fixed now.
- Fix – Order numbers were coming duplicate for Subscription renewals. This is fixed now.
1.2.12 – 25/01/2021
- Fix :- New order number was not being made available instead will always return the Custom order number only. This has been fixed.
1.2.11 – 06/11/2020
- Fix :- Order Numbers were getting changed when the orders were updated and it was breaking the sequence. This has been fixed.
- Update compatibility with WooCommerce 4.6
1.2.10 – 19/03/2020
- Update compatibility with WooCommerce 4.0.0.
1.2.9 – 22/08/2019
- Fix – Incorrect next sequential order in the Plugin Settings page.
- Fix – Missing Settings link on the Plugins page.
1.2.8 – 22/08/2019
- Made the plugin code compliant with WPCS standards.
- Added UTM tags for the Pro plugin links.
1.2.7 – 04/07/2019
- The orders were not being tracked when ‘Enable order tracking by custom number’ is enabled.
- When the order was placed manually, the ‘Sequential: Next order number’ was being reset.
1.2.6 – 28/03/2019
- Added uninstall.php to ensure the plugin settings are removed from the DB when the plugin is deleted.
- Fixed an issue where renewal orders generated by WooCommerce Subscriptions have the same custom order number as the parent order.
1.2.4 – 31/10/2018
- Compatibility with WooCommerce 3.5.0 tested.
1.2.3 – 05/08/2018
- Feature – “Order number template” option added.
1.2.2 – 05/08/2018
- Feature – Sequential: Reset counter – “Reset counter value” option added.
- Feature – Hide “Renumerate Orders” admin menu for roles option added.
- Feature – Hide “Custom Order Numbers” admin settings tab for roles option added.
- Dev – Admin settings – Restyling.
1.2.1 – 30/07/2018
- Fix –
sprintf(), so numbers exceeding max integer would be handled correctly (for “Pseudorandom – crc32 Hash (max 10 digits)” option).
1.2.0 – 24/06/2018
- Feature – Order numbers counter – “Pseudorandom – crc32 Hash (max 10 digits)” option added.
- Fix – Unnecessary counter increase on non-sequential number counters fixed.
- Dev – “Reset section settings” option added.
- Dev – “Use MySQL transaction” option removed (now always set to
- Dev – Settings saved as main class property.
- Dev – Admin settings descriptions updated.
- Dev – Plugin URI updated to wpfactory.com.
- Dev – Minor code refactoring.
- Dev – readme.txt updated.
1.1.2 – 09/03/2018
- Feature – “Sequential: Reset Counter” option added.
1.1.1 – 13/01/2018
- Feature – “Manual Order Number” option added.
- Dev – “WC tested up to” added to plugin header.
1.1.0 – 24/07/2017
- Dev – WooCommerce v3 compatibility – Order ID and date.
- Dev – Link updated from http://coder.fm to https://wpcodefactory.com.
- Dev – Plugin header (“Text Domain” etc.) updated.
1.0.1 – 06/01/2017
- Fix – Translation domain fixed.
- Dev – Language (POT) file uploaded.
1.0.0 – 02/01/2017
- Initial Release.