The plugin adds DEFAULT Profile and Group cover settings in WP Admin – Settings – BuddyPress – Settings.
You also have the option to replace default BuddyPress cover photo and use this plugin for the cover functionality.
Check out this demo to see it in action:
- Download the plugin file
- Unzip the file into a folder on your hard drive
- Upload the
/buddypress-cover-photo/folder to the
/wp-content/plugins/folder on your site
- Single-site BuddyPress go to Plugins menu and activate there.
- For Multisite visit Network Admin -> Plugins and Network Activate it there.
- What other configurations do I need
No. This plugin needs no configuration.
- How do I set up default cover images
From WP admin – Settings – BuddyPress – Settings you can set default images for profile and groups.
Bijdragers & ontwikkelaars
“BuddyPress Default Cover Photo” is open source software. De volgende personen hebben bijgedragen aan deze plugin.Bijdragers
- Fixed customizer error when BPCP plugin was active
- Changed some typos in the plugin description
- Plugin is now properly prepared for localisation so it can get automatic translation updates trough WordPress https://translate.wordpress.org
- BuddyPress 2.6 compatibility added
- Added option to replace Buddypress functionality with the plugin in Settings – BuddyPress – Settings
- Added fallback to Buddypress 2.4 core functionality for Profile/Group Cover. Right now having the plugin active will use BP functionality and use to the old uploaded image until you upload a new one with the new BP interface. The plugins screens are no longer users in BuddyPress 2.4 and we only kept the default image setttings in the WP Admin – Settings – Buddypress – Settings area
- Added Catalan translation
- Change to the group cover tint inner layer to show also when the user isn’t logged in. thanks @sharmstr
- Updated translation files
- Some extra checks when saving just the position so it won’t remove the existing image
- Some fixes to allow other themes to filter the backround html tag
- Fixed header info section of the plugin that was causing some install problems
- Fixed a BuddyPress Group editing issue from admin area as in: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/compatibility-problem-with-buddypress
- Added html tag filter to hook into the background element if theme developers need to
- Added Group cover
- Added settings for default profile and group covers in Settings – BuddyPress – Settings screen
- Fixed translations
- Allow admin to set covers for members
- Eerste release