A simple and customizable back to top button.
Add a back to top button to your site quickly and easily with this simple and easy to configure plugin. With settings to customize the size, color and style adding a back to top button to your site couldn’t be easier! No HTML or CSS knowledge or changes to the theme required.
Installing “Beam me up Scotty” can be done either by searching for “Beam me up Scotty” via the “Plugins > Add New” screen in your WordPress dashboard, or by using the following steps:
- Download the plugin via WordPress.org
- Upload the ZIP file through the ‘Plugins > Add New > Upload’ screen in your WordPress dashboard
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Are any modifications to the theme required?
No, just install it, style it with the settings and you’re good to go!
Is any knowledge of HTML or CSS required?
No, all styling of the button is done with the plugin settings.
Bijdragers & ontwikkelaars
“Beam me up Scotty – Back to Top Button” is open source software. De volgende personen hebben bijgedragen aan deze plugin.Bijdragers
- Compatibility update
- Fix: Replaced the Font Awesome icon library with a custom version to circumvent issues with Font Awesome 5 icon changes
- Fix: Fixed an issue with the back to top button still being clickable after it’s hidden
- Fix: Fixed a compatibility issue with Elementor causing the back to top button’s icon to not display
- New: Added a setting to set the indentation of the back to top button
- Fix: Fixed an issue with the back to top button always displaying initially when the page loads
- Fix: Added a missing file: library/template-parts/content-plugins.php
- New: Added a setting to set the show / hide animation of the back to top button
- New: Added a setting to set the back to top button to only show when the page is being scrolled
- New: Added a setting to set the hide delay of the back to top button
- Refactored the themes tab to not use the REST API
- WordPress version compatibility tag update
- Updated the styling of the themes list
- Fixed a bug with the new theme notification not disappearing after the themes tab has been viewed
- Fixed a bug where the themes list displayed every theme as new
- Refactored new theme notification code
- Bug fix
- Changed notification bubbles to use option instead of theme_mod
- Updated version number
- Maintenance update
- Added a setting to change the opacity of the button
- Refactored the CSS to use RGBA values for the button and rollover color
- Initial release