Insert advert units in to your bbpress forum. You can use any sensible ad code you like assuming it fits into your forum’s theme. The plugin is particularly suited to showing Google Adsense units.
Adverts can be injected into various parts of the forum:
- Between posts
- In the body of the first post
- At the top and bottom of topic pages
- On individual forum pages
- On the top level forum page
Upload and install the plugin as normal. To get going, follow these instructions:
- Open the options menu Forum->Ad Units
- Paste in your ad code
- Choose whether the adds should be hidden from logged in users.
Thanks to PippinsPlugins for helping me to get started.
Note: your ad provider may have rules about acceptable ad placement, it is your responsability to ensure you operate within their terms.
- Does this work with Google Adsense?
Yes, it works very well with adsense!
- Can I show ads on the forum page?
Yes, there are multiple locations where you can insert ads.
- Where can I configure ads?
There is a menu item under Forum, there is also a link on the plugin page if you struggle to find it.
- Can I add mobile responsive ads?
There is no in built functionality but you can try using the supplied shortcodes in the wp-mobile-detect plugin.
- Will shortcodes be parsed in adunits?
Yes. If you palce a shortcode in one of the adunit boxes this will be parsed.
Bijdragers & ontwikkelaars
“bbpress Simple Advert Units” is open source software. De volgende personen hebben bijgedragen aan deze plugin.Bijdragers
Interesse in ontwikkeling?
- Fixed: Ads between posts were not hidden for logged in users when option selected
- Added: Shortcodes can now be parsed in your ad units
- Added: Settings link on the standard WP plugin admin page for anyone who couldn’t find the admin page
- Fixed: Activation output error
- Fixed: Reactivating plugin no longer removes all of your ads
- Fixed: Warnings raised when WP_DEBUG flag is switched on
- Allow ads to be entered in multiple areas around a bbPress forum
- Note: You will need to reinsert your ad code after upgrading.
- Bug Fix
- Initial release